The Orlando Economic Partnership welcomes South Lake Hospital to the Partner level investment.
Since 1947, South Lake Hospital has worked to meet the need for quality healthcare services in south Lake County. An Orlando Health affiliated organization, the hospital has grown to become a cornerstone of the community. Currently operating on a 160-acre campus with 170 beds and more than 1,500 employees, South Lake Hospital recently broke ground on the first part of a $50 million expansion project announced in early 2016.
In the initial announcement, President John Moore explained that due to the rapid growth of Lake County and its population, a three-site expansion project would be needed to meet the current and future needs of the community. The first part is a new 20-acre facility with a full-service emergency department, outpatient imaging, laboratory services and 30,000 square feet of medical office space. The other components include a freestanding emergency room in the Four Corners region and an expansion of the emergency department on its main campus. A total of 70,000 new square feet of medical office space will act as an effective lure for medical professionals to join the community and earn high wages.
Thank you to John Moore for his leadership in Lake County and for seeking to continuously improve health and quality of life for its individuals and overall community. The Orlando EDC is happy to have South Lake Hospital’s partnership and look forward to collaborating to build Orlando’s growing Life Sciences sector.