Many people think of a chamber when they want to host a grand opening or ribbon cutting, but did you know that attending another companies’ ribbon cutting celebration is an added perk of your chamber membership?
As a member of the Orlando Regional Chamber, you are invited to attend any of the upcoming ribbon cutting celebrations listed in Every Monday and on social media.
What is a ribbon cutting celebration?
A ribbon cutting celebration can be a great way to mark the opening of a business or even a milestone, such as a founding anniversary. It provides business owners an opportunity to celebrate with their employees, friends, family as well as other businesses in the area.
Why should you attend?
- Networking: Ribbon cutting celebrations are a great way to meet the owners of a new company, as well as others who may be doing business with them. Attending may help you build a relationship. When a new business owner needs a product or service, attending a ribbon cutting may help them think of you first.
- Learn about new business and show your support: Attending allows you to experience what is new. You will be among the first to see the business first hand. This will allow you to learn what’s been happening, including future trends, challenges and solutions.
- Serve as a resource: Many new business owners, especially those new to the area, may have a lot of questions. Attending a ribbon cutting celebration can enable you to become an invaluable resource to other business owners.
- Enjoy free refreshments and other perks: Ribbon cuttings are free to attend. Many include giveaways or product discounts. Sometimes the events feature entertainment or demonstrations, food and refreshments.
- Feel good: Attending a ribbon cutting means celebrating an opening or milestone. A new business means someone is investing in our region, and in most instances, creating jobs. Expect to leave the event with good energy and excitement for the future.
Check the “Upcoming Ribbon Cutting Celebration” section of Every Monday each week for dates and locations. For more information on ribbon cuttings or to schedule your own, call your Chamber membership representative or the Chamber at 407.425.1234.