Orlando is poised to become a hub and test bed for autonomous vehicles because of the region’s designation as a national AV proving-ground and friendly State legislation. Being the largest tourist destination in the world means the region has the infrastructure and scalability for a diverse set of test cases. Orlando’s competencies in simulation, aviation, defense and history in space exploration combined with specialized university research and a robust talent pipeline make this the ideal location to develop and test autonomous technologies.
- Over 75 million visitors to Orlando last year (Visit Orlando)
- Florida is the friendliest state for autonomous vehicle research
- Largest rental car market in the world
- More modern toll roads than anywhere in the U.S.
- Over 700 mi of fiber optics communications infrastructure